m y f a m i l y

m y   f a m i l y

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

architectural cartoons


About more than  two weeks ago, I got an sms from my old pal, Ar Jemi saying that my former lecturer at UTM, Ar Haj was looking for me. I believed he was involved in the publication of the most popular architectural magazine in this country. The publisher wanted to include a comic strip in the magazine - some architectural cartoons which was supposed to be intelligent but cynical. Wow! What a great opportunity I thought, to expand my skill & popularity. Ar Haj wanted me to show some samples of my work. - the ones that are relevant to the subject.  Gosh! That I did not have. But I thought I'd better show something rather than nothing.

So I gathered some of the recent caricatures and strips that I did and emailed to Ar Haj. I didn't expect much, coz I believed the publication committee wanted to see ideas, and not so much of my sketching skills. When I think about it, most of my cartoons are pretty stupid and a bit crazy. Definitely not intellectual. Here I post a not so architectural cartoon for you guys to evaluate. Happy viewing :-)

2 comments:

  1. Bro,
    "..most of my cartoons are pretty stupid and a bit crazy.."

    Not pretty stupid! Your cartoons are rib-tickling and hilarious, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, bro Dollah for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete